Following from the Open Call in April 2016, we are delighted to welcome on board Boiler Room Cycle 2014 Playwrights:
- 3 month Research Phase (7 July 2014 – 7 Oct 2014)
- 3 month Construction Phase (7 Oct 2014 – 7 Jan 2015)
- 4-week Writing Period ( 7 Jan 2015 – 7 Feb 2015)
The Resident Director and Dramaturg will be on hand to provide stewardship in terms of regular consultations, dialogues and recommendations.
Special thanks goes out to Dr KK Seet and Nelson Chia (Nine Years Theatre) for their valuable feedback and contributions as part of the selection panel alongside our resident director Casey Lim and resident dramaturg Dr Robin Loon.
- 28 applications were received during the 2-month Open Call period (7 April to 7 June 2014)
- Youngest applicant: 18 years old; and oldest applicant: 74 years old
- More than half of these applicants have not had any previous works staged
- 10 applicants were shortlisted by a panel comprising of the Centre’s resident director Casey Lim, resident dramaturg Dr Robin Loon, and theatre veteran Dr KK Seet.
- The final 3 playwrights were selected after an interview on 28 June 2014 with the panel comprising of the Centre’s resident director Casey Lim, resident dramaturg Dr Robin Loon, and Nine Years Theatre’s Artistic Director, Nelson Chia.34 applications were received during the 1-month Open Call period (7 April to 6 May 2016).
Information updated as of 7 July 2014.